Where aviators and makers intersect, there is group that builds their own planes! Seriously, how cool is that? Some buy kits and put them together, some buy designs and materials, and others design from an idea! Forgive the pun, but the sky is the limit on how cool your plane can be!
Despite the serious cool factor of building your own plane, you might find yourself feeling a little unsure-
- What if I don’t like the plane I build?
- Maybe I don’t know how to weld, rivet or layup composites.
- I don’t want to get stalled out with a dust covered half-plane in my garage.
- Am I going to have to suffer through months of boring little tasks?
- What if there isn’t a lot of support out there for building my plane?
- Planes are cool, but I don’t really know if I can build one.
- When I am done flying, how can I expect a plane I built to have resale value?
- Can I use this experience to get ahead in a fun career?
Maybe you just want to get the most experience and education out of the time and effort you put into the project- in case you have ever though any of these things, you are in the right place. We are here to help you navigate obstacles and ultimately, help you build YOUR plane.